Nanneella Estate Primary School (No. 3708) is situated in the rural district between the city of Echuca and the township of Rochester. It serves a predominately dairy farming area.
At Nanneella Estate Primary School we believe that:
- Two way communication and involvement in decision making is critical in developing community ownership of ‘Our School’.
- School is a place where all members of our community should feel welcome, supported and comfortable.
- The development of the whole person – academic, physical, social, emotional and cultural is paramount.
- The school must constantly strive to improve teaching and learning and ensure the provision of access and the opportunity for success for all students.
- The notion of excellence must be fostered and high self esteem developed.
- The development of a positive attitude towards self-discipline, co-operation and pride in all achievements is encouraged.
Our school offers a challenging seven-year program in English, Mathematics, Science, Technology, Health and Physical Education, The Arts, Studies of Society (and the Environment) and Languages Other than English. To facilitate teaching practice some key learning areas are combined into wider areas of studies referred to as integrated curriculum units.
The school uses special programs to assist its planned activities – MAAC Van – Art (Mobile Area Art Centre), MARC Van – Library (Mobile Area Resource Centre), Saltwatch, Landcare Aust. and Life Education Program. The Victorian Equity Program (Isolated Rural children component) allows for development and enrichment of services and activities in cultural, technological and personal development areas.
Our school is fortunate to be able to access part time teachers. This has allowed us to run specialist programs, in art and music, Indonesian as a second language, science and more importantly an individual reading program for children who need extra assistance. This means that we currently run the vital Reading Recovery program.
A particular feature of Nanneella Estate Primary School is the very strong parent support for, and participation in, the life of the school. The parents are very protective of the existence and independence of the school and as a group, respond to every request for assistance and develop their own initiatives to add to the quality of the school environment and its programs.
Nanneella Estate Primary School clusters with other schools in our area to access additional activities such as sport, physical education activities, camps, cultural experiences and to provide outlets for additional opportunities for peer group social interactions. This clustering also allows for teachers to enhance collegiate contact.
Our school consists of two classrooms, a multi-use room, computer teaching facility, a staff room, new toilets and an administrative facility. Spacious grounds with excellent facilities, (including use of community sporting and recreational facilities) include shade area, paving and lawns, providing a visually pleasing educational environment.
The School Council is continually monitoring school and student needs and planning future developments.
We STRESS we are a community school. Please feel free to communicate with, visit and be actively a part of this valuable community resource